Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hot Mess.


Today I was a hot mess.  I was released as the 2nd Counselor in our Primary.  I knew it was coming, the president and myself are moving next month so I figured we would be released sometime within the month......I just hadn't prepared for today.  I got the call yesterday and was doing fine....then I walked into church today and instantly was overcome with the Spirit.  

This calling was my absolute favorite.  I loved, loved going to church every Sunday to be with the children of the Church and hearing their sweet testimonies and answers.  I feel like I learned so much from each one of them, way more than what they got out of me!  My testimony of the church grew immensely while serving them for the past year or so.  I know Heavenly Father wanted me to be in that calling during this time.  It helped calm me.  It helped me realize how sweet and innocent and special children are, how they are so eager to learn and take in information like sponges.  It helped me realize I needed to simplify life.  It helped me gain a stronger testimony.  It taught me lessons and things that I can teach my own children.  I am so so grateful for the opportunity to serve the children of the Davenport 2nd Ward!  I also was able to serve with amazing women that were in the presidency.  All four of them (one of them was released awhile back) taught me so many things and I cherish those friendships and their examples to me.  

While I am on the subject of church, I might as well add that our ward here is absolutely amazing.  I am going to miss it so so much.  I don't think we will ever have a ward that will match this one.  Every member is in a different situation in life and we all support each other and I really feel like when we move we will be leaving family.  They have been my family for over 4 years and the friends I have made here are special and will be hard to find somewhere else.  You all know who you are. :)  I love how we are a thousand miles away from most of our families and from familiar places and things, we are able to come to this ward and still feel  that same Spirit.  That is seriously what I love about the Church!  I feel like if we moved here and were not members, we would have had a hard time.  I wouldn't have many friends or any sort of support system.  Anyway, what I am saying is that I am so glad we decided to move here and spend the past 4 years here.  I know we will look back and cherish all of the memories we have made!


Don't think this is the last post that will be written about moving........:)


1 comment:

dancin' momma said...

This post made me tear up! That's how I felt when i was released as a counselor from Primary. And...that's EXACTLY how I felt leaving Davenport 2nd ward. I didn't realize how truly amazing it was until we left. What you said about the support system is so true. You talking about leaving reminded me of how I felt the same way when it was our time to leave. Enjoy the next month. I can't wait to see you! (Oh and give hugs to all of those women I wish I could hug right now)!