Ok, I try to be creative but sometimes it just doesn't work out for me! But, I was planning on making the bedding for this little girl and I found this amazing deal at Target (thanks Tiffany!) for an entire bedding set for $13. It was exactly the colors I wanted and it had a type of floral/vintage motif which is what I was going for. So the sewing the bedding idea was out and I made a quilt instead. My friend, who is amazing at sewing, made a quilt for her son and it is a little vintage-esque which is what I wanted, so she helped me make it. Thanks R for letting me hangout at your house and for teaching me! I used a sewing machine for the first time (thank you very much), and it doesn't look half bad. I mean, the stitches aren't that straight and there are a few squares that are bunched up, but it turned out so adorable and I kind of don't want Lila to use it now! What do you think?
Court, that is such a cute blanket!!! I can't believe you bought a bedding set for $13!! I have looked everywhere, and the cheapest set I found was $100...and it was ugly. Most sets were like $200 which I just have a hard time dropping that kind of cash on bedding! So let's hope I'll be able to make all my bedding.....But seriously, I love that little blanket! You're so crafty Martha!
Good Job! I was thinking the same thing and have the same skills, so I will share my sentiment on my experience: The more you make the better and faster it gets!
Established 2006:
Idaho girl meets Michigan boy in Las Vegas August 2005.....marries in November 2006.....moves to Iowa for Chiropractic School in February 2008....had a beautiful baby girl August 2009....evened out by adding a boy to our little family February 2011. After J graduated in June 2012 with his Doctor of Chiropractor Degree (yay!) we completed our adventure in Iowa and moved Idaho to start another new adventure. We are excited to be back to mountains, close to family, and to see what is in store for us!
5 comments:
i'm impressed! nice job, can i get one? :)
Court, that is such a cute blanket!!! I can't believe you bought a bedding set for $13!! I have looked everywhere, and the cheapest set I found was $100...and it was ugly. Most sets were like $200 which I just have a hard time dropping that kind of cash on bedding! So let's hope I'll be able to make all my bedding.....But seriously, I love that little blanket! You're so crafty Martha!
Love the way it turned out! Great colors!!!!
That is so adorable! You did a great job, i love your sense of style!
Good Job! I was thinking the same thing and have the same skills, so I will share my sentiment on my experience: The more you make the better and faster it gets!
Post a Comment