~Our Primary Program is this upcoming Sunday and I am so excited! I love being in Primary and teaching these kids. They are a little rowdy at times but when they sing I can feel the Spirit so much! The two songs they are singing this year that honestly make me tear up sometimes is "I Am a Child of God" and "I Love to See the Temple". I can remember the Sunday I learned "I Love to See the Temple" and I remember singing the words and thinking about when I would go there and get married. "I Am a Child of God" of course is the sweetest because their little voices are so innocent when they sing it. I have a distinct memory of my niece Darcy singing this song when she was one or two to me over the phone and crying listening to her sweet little voice. Last night I spoke to my four year-old niece Mylie and she had her program already and she sang three songs to me from it. I love Primary and I think it is such a wonderful thing for kids to attend and learn things. I am always in awe about the questions they answer and the things they know about the Gospel.
~I love my friends here and I am so grateful for them! We are having a big Thanksgiving feast at one of their houses and I honestly cannot wait. This will be my first Thanksgiving away from my parent's house and that is "our" holiday. My mom makes so much food and we always have a big crowd so I am really glad we are able to spend it with friends we love here and their families. I think it will make it a bit more easier for me to be away.
~The leaves are so beautiful here and I can't believe how many different colors one tree can get. I love driving down a street with trees lining it and watching in my mirror the leaves on the street fly with the passing of my car. I know, I know that sounds dumb and dreamy but I LOVE it! The only thing about leaves the bothers me a little is that we only have one tree in our yard but somehow we had over 20 bags full of raked leaves we put out for the the trash! (By the way-sorry I didn't take this picture of the leaves-I wish I was that lucky-but my neighborhood did look somewhat like that a few weeks ago!)

~Somehow fall makes me feel a little crafty and this year especially. I have made a few things I am proud of! Jason and I made a fabric covered headboard for our room, which turned out pretty nice and only cost us $15. I made a wreath for our front door and also one for a friend at work. We had a Souper Saturday and I made a cute wall hanging for Christmas. My favorite thing I did was we got a bunch of smaller pumpkins and I painted them with metallic paint in bronze and copper colors and they are sooooooo cute! I am really looking forward to doing some more stuff for Christmas and also, I found a new love for baking and now that my Kitchen Aid is finally fixed I will be making some yummy treats!


9 comments:
Those trees are gorgeous!!! What a fun place to live in the fall. Your pumpkins are awesome also-- and wreath! Your craftiness is inspiring!
Holy cow cute pumpkins!!!!
Fun Fun! I am glad you are doing so well!
You have to teach me how to make a wreath!! I'm so excited for thanksgiving too! And all of your yummy treats. I feel myself pitting on weight just thinking about them...
I am jealous of the leaves!! You know in Vegas in never looks like that! By the way we are moving back to Idaho!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!
Wow, look at you Mrs. HGTV! I love that you're so crafty! I need to be more crafty. It would give me something to do when I'm sitting at home doing nothing.
I love how pretty fall is too! I just miss out on it here in AZ. Oh well, that's why I just go back to Idaho! You are so crafty! I loved those pumpkins, such a cute idea. I think I might try that!
Fall is the culmination of everything, looks like you "caught" a cute bug for crafting, enjoying nature and experiencing new traditions! Take Care
Shall I just refer to you as a domestic Godess now? Cute stuff!
Post a Comment