Sunday, November 30, 2008

Firsts

I spent my FIRST Thanksgiving away from family and our first since being married. It was a little rough for me in the morning (I admit I was a little teary while watching the parade), but got better as the day went on. Jason played in his FIRST "Turkey Bowl" that morning while I cooked, and I think had a blast. He came in the door covered in mud and said, "I played some manball." I am pretty sure he came up with that one..... We had dinner and spent the afternoon with all of our friends at the Eager's house and had such a great time. It was so great to be with close friends who are our family here. I could not ask for better friends-they are the best!






Last night we got our FIRST real Christmas tree! It was so fun going and picking one out. Of course it took awhile for me to make a decision on the right tree (I have no idea where Jason wandered off to while I was doing that) and finally I found it! We decorated it and it is sooooo beautiful! I love having a real tree in the house because the smell brings back so many memories of being younger. I think that is why I love Christmas time so much because I feel like a kid again. I found some new really cute Christmas decor this year-I love decorating!





This morning was the FIRST snowfall that actually stuck to the ground and we woke up with snow-covered trees. It was so gorgeous! Jason also said it was his FIRST snowfall of the season for him since he was about nine. He couldn't wipe the smile off his face. It was really cute.

Friday was the FIRST day after Thanksgiving I had to work in four years. Believe me I did not want to work, but at least it wasn't in retail.

We do have one LAST thing that will happen this week. Jason has his LAST birthday in his twenties on Tuesday. He will be turning 29 (yikes!) and will enter his thirties in one year. Crazy!!! When I was younger I never would have imagined I would marry someone four years older than me-I can't believe I will be married to someone almost 30! I remember my Grandpa would always tell us he was 29 when we were little....now I am married to one! Tonight we had our friends over for birthday cake and cupcakes. I love having people come over...it just feels great when my house is full of people, ESPECIALLY amazing friends!

10 comments:

tiff snedaker said...

Happy Thanksgiving! It's hard to be away from family on Holidays. Your house looks adorable, you have incredible taste, and your tree is perfect. Wanna come decorate for me?

dancin' momma said...

Your house is always so cute! We had a blast, and thanks for chasing my child around your house. Both of my girls adore you.

Jenny Ricks said...

Your tree and decorations are so cute! You're lucky you have snow. I keep waiting for it to snow here so it can feel more like Christmas is on its way! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Your decorations are soooo cute!!! I'm glad you a great Thanksgiving!!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Dang, you and Jason are a bunch of old farts now! HA HA! (I guess me and Mark are old too, considering Mark is only a year younger than Jason!) Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, even though you guys were away from family. Mark and I are lucky enough to live close to both of our families. I love your tree by the way! I bet your house smells nice and piney! Miss ya friend!

Jill said...

Is the box on your table center piece from my wedding?! Cuz that is what I have on my table too!! Your house is so cute and I love your tree! It's so true that friends become your family while you are away at school and such. Glad you have good ones!

Skylette said...

Everything looks so cute and your tree is gorgeous! My family is lucky to just have the tree standing and a few ornaments this year. I'm ready to be done with this pregnancy...

Kinz said...

I am so glad to hear you had a great Thanksgiving!! Just think- not too much longer and you will be home for Christmas!

B said...

You look so pretty in the Thanksgiving picture. I just put that centerpiece from Jill's wedding up as a decoration at mom's house. I like your tree too! It is so festive and cute. And where did you get those fabulous snowflake placemats? I love!

Leah said...

Cute Christmas decor! I also love your tree. We have the fake one and it drives JD crazy. He thinks it's lame and we need to get a REAL one some day. Cute post about FIRSTS!