Monday, February 14, 2011

18 months and 1 week

Today is not only Valentine's Day, but it is the day Lila turns 18 months and the day that Sterling turns 1 week! How nuts is that....never in my dreams did I think I would have 2 kids so close together (did I ever mention how their actual due dates were exactly 18 months apart?). How wonderful this past week has been for J and I. It has actually been a lot easier than I thought (which I am sure having my little sister here is the reason)....yes, I am living on limited sleep and yes, my back hurts just a tad....but it has been so great. Lila has been perfect; minus one huge tantrum, but she gets one....she loves to say brother and loves to give kisses. I keep looking at her and can't believe how big she has gotten. She sure doesn't seem like the little girl I gave kisses to the night before I had Sterling. It is hard to believe she was once as small as him. Her vocabulary is so good and Bailey is her new best friend.....they chase each other around the house and growl at each other. Sterling....well, he is my little boyfriend. He is the most precious baby boy and is so laid back. He doesn't get bothered when his big sister attacks him with kisses or when she pokes him in the face when she shows us where his eyes and nose are....he just lays there....staring up at the ceiling. He finally has decided to open both eyes at once....for awhile there we thought his right eye was swollen shut from his cheeks. He has beautiful dark blue eyes (we have a bet going on to see if they will go brown like J's or stay blue like Lila's and I) and it looks like we will have another kid with dimples....

It is definitely an easier adjustment with a 2nd baby for J and I. We knew what to expect with nights and feeding. He is about to enter finals week (good timing right? ah!) and has worked so hard this trimester and done really well. I am so proud of him! I must have forgot how cute he is with brand new babies, I see him holding Sterling and tears filling his eyes and he snuggles and loves Lila so much, it makes me feel so great and so blessed for my beautiful family!

Here are some pics from the past week.















7 comments:

J-me said...

Court, you are beautiful!!

rychelle said...

I have been computer-less so I haven't been able to see you sweet Sterling...he is precious! Congrats and I am so happy for you! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!!

The Laters said...

What a cutie! You did good! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

LOVE those cheeks! He is sooo cute! I'm really happy for you!

Sessions said...

He is Beautiful!!! What cute children!! I love the name Sterling it was one of the names in the running when we were expecting Thomas. Congratulations to all of you!!!

Becky said...

You can do it! I am so glad you are hanging in there!
You guys are so awesome!
He is so darling!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I love his chubby cheeks!! They're so kissable! I'm glad that you are adjusting well to having 2 kiddies! And I'm glad Lila loves her little baby brother :)
Congrats again friend! And you look beautiful, by the way!