Saturday, February 20, 2010

6 Months and Not Growing.....

Hard to believe our little gal is already 6 months......where did that time go? On Valentine's Day she celebrated her half birthday! I was able to get these adorable shots in her cute pink dress.....and enormous pink flower (yes, I know.....it is a little large for her punie head, but it was so adorable I had to have her wear it)! She is such a little joy in our home.......she is over her "spitting phase" even though she still does it, but is now into her screaming/squealing phase. What is even more cute is she still tries to scream even when her voice stops.....so it is basically air coming out. When she is showing off her voice she is almost always smiling too. Lila is a great baby, she has moments, but all in all she is the happiest baby ever and that is what we hear on a daily basis. Every time we go somewhere she is noticed by someone because they see her smiling, and we hear all the time this: "I have never seen a baby that happy or that smiles as much as her." So thanks to all of you who say that to us! It really helps to remember those nice words when she isn't that happy or smiling that much!

We had her 6 month check up yesterday and these are her stats:
Height: 25inches
Weight: 12 pounds 11 oz
Head: 40.8 cm

12 POUNDS???? Seriously? She only gained 11 oz since her 4 month.....I PROMISE we are feeding her and she really eats EVERYTHING we give her! I was in shock when I saw that on the scale. The Doc said she was in like 5% percentile for her weight, and I explained to him all we were giving her and her habits and he said they are normal. She is just small for her age I guess. We have to go back in 4 weeks for a weight/height checkup and hopefully by then there will be some pounds packed on! I also was given a little recipe for her formula to give more calories......she stopped nursing (sad day). About 2-3 weeks ago she just completely lost interest....she would latch on and then stop so she is eating baby food and formula now and hopefully she will get more calories than what I was giving her!

This upcoming week is finals for Jason (yes, there is a little stress in our home) and then we are off to Vegas and Cali for break........do I really have to wait one more week?

Enjoy some pics!


Are you sure she is part-Ritchie? No Ritchie has legs like that!
Whatever.....










My new toy!


She loves her Bumbo but must have been bored that day....



9 comments:

Steph said...

Great pics! She is stinkin adorable. I can't wait to squeeze her! One week from now!

Jessica said...

That smile is adorable! LOVE LOVE LOVE the dimples!! So sweet!! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! She looks like such a happy baby! I can't wait to see you guys again this summer:)

dancin' momma said...

Do I say it enough? I LOVE that face! Banana is as equally in love with her as I am!

jm said...

She is so stinkin cute! I don't understand where jodi got her skinny legs either. Those don't run on either side of our family. Too funny!

Andrus Family said...

12 pounds?? That is crazy! She is making my little Tyer seem like a porker at 16. I heard about your upcoming trip to Cali and I must admit I'm jealous. Enjoy your time with your fam!

PS - LOVE the pics!

rychelle said...

So stinkin' cute!! I love her dimples. I just hope my baby girl is so adorable...or at least a portion!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Ok, Camden looks like a chunk after seeing pics of little Lila! Her legs are so itty bitty!! But I wouldn't be concerned if the doc isn't. She is just little for her age. And she is soooo flippin cute! I can't get over those baby blue eyes! LOVE THEM! Love those dimples even more!

nicwoo said...

sweet, sweet, triple sweet! So cute. She lost interest at 6mos?? No doubt she will start gaining weight and totally hit her stride :).