Sunday, September 21, 2008

September 22

On this day two years ago, it was probably the hardest day of my life. My Grandma Hammond passed away on September 22, 2006 and even though it was a couple of years ago I still have a hard time. But the best things that came from that weekend were my Testimony of eternal families and being with all of my cousins/aunts/uncles. Through all the tears and broken hearts we all talked about the memories we had had with Grandma and Grandpa and how much they all taught us and how all of those lessons had made us who we were today. I was so grateful to know that I would see my Grandma again. My Grandma is one of the people I admire the most. I am so glad she left with her legacy and example to all of her children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren and everyone else who came in contact with her. I am also thankful for the amazing memories I have with her and I know I will keep those forever.


8 comments:

B said...

I love you

Steph said...

Awwww. Big hugs for all of us. We need them.

Steph said...

And the H-Team picture will always be one of my favorites!

Mark and Lachelle said...

I know what you mean. My grandma passed away 4 years ago, and I still miss her. But isn't it great to know that we will see them again! I remember doing your grandma's hair while I was in beauty school. She was an awesome lady!

dancin' momma said...

I'm so sorry! I miss my grandpa every day. Even knowing all this gospel teaches us, it's still hard to fill that void...love ya!

Danny and Darcie said...

Court- Thanks for sharing your feelings. I know the feeling of missing them so much, my grandfather died 2 years ago in April. It feels like eternity till we will be able to see them again, but imagine the wonderful reunion it will be!!! I love the softball picture, good time huh!! Take care.

sarah said...

Courtney- hey, I don't even have your email address. I thought I'd leave my blog address that you were asking about. It's: thefordswhodriveachevy.blogspot.com

Barnes Blog said...

My grandmother also passed away a little over 2 years ago. I still cry about it and miss her like crazy. For some reason when I think about family gatherings I still think she'll be there. Death is not fun and it is still hard for me to be ok with the fact that I can't see her till I die. I feel for you, I love grandmothers and I love that you love yours so much. Big hig to you and your family.