Monday, May 12, 2008

This past weekend I decided it was time to plant some flowers and weed out our front flower boxes. Since we are on a budget (being in school is the greatest), we only had a little bit to get some flowers and hopefully in the next week or two I can plant our vegetable garden. I picked out the usual annuals to plant.......petunias, geraniums, marigolds.......I love going to the nursery and picking them out. It makes me miss my Grandma and Dad a lot because I would always go with them when I was younger to pick them out and help them plant around their houses. Geraniums will always remind me of my Grandma! Another thing that reminds me of her are lilacs and we are so lucky because we have them on the side of our house (3 big bushes) and they are so beautiful! I cut some and have them in our house and I can't believe how fragrant they are. I love our house!

I have a new calling along with camp director, I am a primary permanent sub and helper....because there are so many kids in the ward they need helpers with the teachers so I am doing that and then when someone moves or something I guess I will take their place. Honestly, kids and teenagers intimidate and scare me. Like with the Young Women I totally feel like one of them instead of being a leader and the primary kids.......well they are hilarious and sometimes if they are being bad or something I just laugh because they are so funny even when they aren't listening. I have been teaching the Sunbeams for the past couple of weeks and I have been asked a few times if I had any kids and one kid asked me if they died (I guess because I said no). It was quite comical. Also, whenever they announce my name as a visitor and they say Sister Schreck.....ALL of the kids are like "SCHRECK????!!!!" You have no idea how many times I have been asked if I have the movie. It is classic. But I think this will be a great calling and it will be fun to be with all of the little ones.


Here are some pics of the house and flowers.


10 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Court, you're such a horticulturist (is that a word?) Who cares, I'm just impressed I know what horticulture is!! Cute house! I'm so jealous! I want a little veggie garden, and cute flowers! Oh, and I am still laughing about the primary kids and your last name! HA! Hey, at least people don't look at you after you tell them your last name, and say, "Wait...you don't LOOK mexican!" DUH!

Steph said...

Your house is so cute! I bet you are loving being able to plant and have your own garden. I wish you could see my cherry blossom tree right now - it is totally fuchia and so gorgeous

Bye Fiona.

Jenny Ricks said...

Your house looks so cute! I'm jealous you have room to plant a little flower garden. Since we are here in Philly I only have a balcony to work with. I planted basil and parsley and am just hoping I don't kill it!

B said...

Cute flowers! Love them! Your font is small to read and Stephanie spelled fuchsia wrong.

Hayley said...

ha! yo utotally crack me up. i'm the same way even with my own kids. when one is being naughty i can't help but laugh. it's really bad.

love the house and the huge amount of green grass. in arizona we just have rocks. oh, and rocks.

Steph said...

FUCHSIA

Cindy said...

Hi Courtney, it's Cindy Poock from the ward. I got your blog address from Christa's blog.

I love your flowers. They are beautiful. I do not have much of a green thumb, my flowers and plants usually die within a week.

I taught sunbeams for 2 years, and you are right....very sneaky and very funny!! They are too fun!

dancin' momma said...

Maybe you could rub some of your green thumb on me! And I have loved hearing the kids' comments when you say my name is Sister Schreck!! Priceless!

Karyn said...

Are you and Stephanie sure you really want Bailey to post on your blog. She is so kind!!!!!!!!

Kelsy Alsup said...

i want a house so i can do just what you're doing! i love your flowers/garden. i have a mini one on my porch! haha, so sad. i am jealous you have a yard! so pretty!!!