Sunday, March 23, 2008

Spring Please!

We woke up this Easter morning with........snow. I was so bummed out, I thought that only happened in Idaho. The snow melted when the sun came out before church and then as we were walking out of church it started snowing again! We are getting teased...during the week while we are at work and school it warms up but once the weekends hit it is always cold!

The past couple of weeks have been great, they have flown by. Jason is busy at school and whenever he is not on campus he is in our dining room studying. I started work and it is nice, basically I have been on a computer for 8 hours a day training......I have never done anything like that before so it is all new. I don't think I have read and studied that much stuff since college! I should start actually doing everything on my own next week.

Things are good otherwise, today we went to lunch/dinner with Nate and Liz, Alan and Keara and their son Calvin, and the missionaries. It was really fun and I am glad we are meeting new people. Both couples are kind of in the same boat as Jason (they are starting the program in July and Jason in November) so they will be here most of the time with us throughout the next few years. I just can't believe how nice everyone is here in our ward, I haven't had to cook dinner on Sunday for the past few weeks because we have been invited to other member's homes. I think we have more friends here already than we did in Vegas and we lived in our ward for over a year! It is just really nice because mostly everyone is in the same situation.

We feel really blessed for all the things we have....the Gospel, our home, our families, and each other. We are so excited to hear Conference in a couple of weeks!

9 comments:

Mark and Lachelle said...

Court, I'm still jealous that you have more friends than we do...and you've only lived there a month! Not fair. I guess that says something about Mark and I's personalities. Wait, what am I saying?! We're freaking awesome!! It's other people that have the problem ;)

Steph said...

Glad things are going so well. Sorry I didn't have Mylie call tonight. I was totally bedtime when we got home. Love ya!

Nate and Liz said...

We are so thankful for wonderful people like you two in this area. We look forward to many more fun times. Thanks for joining us for Easter.

The Walls

Nate and Liz said...

Hey if u email us your email address Nate can send you all of the ticket info on the games we have tickets for. And you can sit next to us and the Barnes. Just let us know soon, seats are going fast. n8andliz@gmail.com

Liz

Sami Volcansek said...

Court!!! I miss your freaking guts! It is so fun to read about your new adventures there!! How far are you from Chicago? xoxox

Barnes Blog said...

I totally don't agree with Alan winning the worste expression, that's the face that won me over. :)

Cecily said...

How sad to wake up on Easter with snow! That is really awesome you've made friends so quickly, and especially nice that they are in the same boat as you. It makes everything seem to be easier, at least it does for me. Happy Easter!

Andrus Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great, though we miss you here in Vegas! Hey, what's your adddress there - I need to send you something.

tiff snedaker said...

That's always nice when you move somewhere new and make friends easily. We still have snow here in Idaho so we're in the same sad boat waiting for spring.